Diamond and CBN electroplated products
Fast, safe and secure delivery options.
Specialist technical advice.
Exclusive offers and discounts for our newsletter subscribers.
- For your safety all diamond cutting blades and grinding wheels supplied by Abtec conform to the high standards of the 'Organisation for the Safety of Abrasives'.
About Diamond and CBN abrasive
A single coat of diamond or CBN particles is plated on to a steel form where it is held in a layer of nickel. The particles stand well proud of the surface and electroplated wheels provide free machining on materials such as GRP, fibreglass, carbon fibre and ceramics. Once the wheel has worn down, evidenced by reduced cutting performance, it is possible to strip and replate the surface at a considerable cost saving compared with a brand new wheel. Virtually any shape of steel blank can be electroplated to meet most requirements.
Abrasive wheels are available with an enormous variety of grit sizes. On an electroplated wheel this can range from 30 microns up to 25 grit. Just like other abrasive products the grit size determines the final finish-many applications almost certainly requiring working through the grades.
Plastics. Electroplated diamond saw blades, jig saw blades and routers for cutting glass fibre, reinforced plastics, carbon composites and rubber.
Glass. Very fine diamonds are used to give chip-free finish when grinding glass. The main use for these is chamfering edges and tapering bottlenecks and stoppers.
Marble and stone. For cutting and grinding marble and stone a completely different diamond is required. When using fluting wheels, profile wheels, form routers, vanity drums, files and saw blades a tougher synthetic diamond is used.
Ceramics. Cutting and grinding of the new ultra hard ceramics, which are now used in the defence, aerospace and automotive industries.
Abrasive materials. For shaping abrasive stones in toolrooms of timber processing industry.
- General purpose. Electroplated diamond files and wheels are used extensively in workshops from fine finishing through to more general deburring of weld material.
Our special manufacturing service includes:
- Electroplating of diamond or CBN abrasive. (Sublect to minimum order cost of £100)
- Stripping and re-plating of worn diamond and CBN abrasive products. (Subject to minimum order cost of £100)
- Manufacture of base component(s) prior to electroplating. (Subject to minimum order cost of £250)
- More information? You can speak with one of our representatives toll-free in the U.K. Monday-Friday between 8.30 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. on 0800 027 1928 or +44 (0) 1945 585500.