Diameter: 180 mm
Width: 20 mm
Bore or hole diameter: 31.75 mm. Reducing bushes ( to reduce the bore of the wheel to the spindle size of the machine), when ordered with the wheel, are available free of charge in the following sizes: 1/2"(12.7mm), 5/8"(15.88mm), 3/4" (19.85mm), 7/8"(22mm), 1"(25.4mm). Please choose from the drop down box.
- Specification: A 36 Hard V. Application: Stock removal of most metals including steel.
- Specification: A 60 Medium V. Medium Finish grinding of most metals including steel.
Maximum RPM: 3710. The spindle speed of your machine must not exceed this speed.
The specification is the composition of the wheel and comprises of the following:
- The abrasive type. (e.g A...is aluminium oxide abrasive)
- The grit or grain size. (e.g. ..36.. is the size of the grain. The lower the number the larger the grain size. Therefore 60 is a larger grain size and coarser than 80.
- The next letter or word will describe the hardness of the bond that holds the abrasive grain or grit together. For bench and pedestal grinders the words ..Hard..Medium...will be used to describe the hardness of the bond but for other wheels a letter usually from ..E..(soft bond) up to ..U..(hard bond) will be used. Therefore ..J.. is a softer bond than ..K..
- The next letter describes the type of bond. Their are a several but the main type used for bench and pedestal wheels is shown as ..V and represents vitrified bond. Vitrified bond is very brittle. The bond is resistant to high temperatures that grinding produces.
You should ensure that you are fully informed on the safe operation of abrasive cutting and grinding wheels. More on training in the use of cutting and grinding wheels........
For your safety all Tyrolit grinding and cutting wheels conform to EN12413. Tyrolit are also members of the 'Organisation for the Safety of Abrasives'. This requires members to manufacture and document abrasive products to the highest safety standards. More on 'The Organisation for the Safety of Abrasives'.
Price per wheel. Please choose specification from drop-down box.
More information? You can speak with one of our representatives free in the U.K. Monday-Friday between 8.30 a.m. and 5.00 p.m. on 0800 027 1928 or +44 (0) 1945 585500.